Pam Nisevich-Bede is a marathoner, triathlete, dietitian, and Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics. Having finished 20 marathons, an Ironman triathlon, and countless other race distances, Pam works passionately with athletes, trainers, coaches and health professionals to share expert nutrition and training insight.
Pam works with Abbott Nutrition and EAS Sports Nutrition to bring science-based, effective sports nutrition products to life. She started Swim, Bike, Run, Eat! (www.swimbikeruneat.com) where she works with various brands to get their endurance message out and counsels athletes to improve nutrition and performance.
Pam has authored multiple books and her most recent release Run to Lose, is a book covering all things nutrition, weight loss, wellness, and running. She influences endurance athletes monthly in her online column, entitled Fuel School, published by Runner’s World magazine. Pam earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics from Miami University and a Master’s of Science in Medical Dietetics from The Ohio State University.
In podcast episode 13, Pam and I cover a lot of information about how to lose weight with running, while training, and racing, and discuss tips you can use to dial in your nutrition. Topics include:
- Pam Bede, Dave Scott and why she’s hangin’ in Kona [00 – 4:19]
- How to lose weight while training for a race [4:20 – 11:15]
- The easiest way to lose weight with running how running “low” can help you burn more fat [11:16 – 19:15]
- How to lose and maintain weight during perimenopause, menopause and for men with low testosterone. [ 19:16 – 25:28]
- Why we need to stop grazing (eating all day long) [25:29 – 28:04]
- How to dial in how much to eat daily, the benefits of eating calories and drinking calories [28:05 – 34:15]
- The effects of vitamin D on energy levels, how to boost it through nutrition and what type of vitamin D to take as a supplement. [34:16 – 39:00]
- Good sources of iron for runners besides red meat, why runners lose more iron than others, and how to increase iron levels. [39:01 – to 41:45].
I hope you enjoy this episode with Pam Nisevich-Pede! Part II of this interview will come next. Thanks for the listen!
Listen to it on iTunes.
Stream to listen now by clicking here.
Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Find Pam on Instagram and Twitter at @pambederd
Read her Runner’s World column here.
Find her book Run to Lose here.