The Great Alaskan Running Cruise
[VIDEO: Scenes from the Caribbean, Alaskan and Danube River Running Vacations.]
The Great Alaskan Running Cruise is designed with every type of runner and walker in mind! You’ll actively explore “the Last Frontier with your own two feet, and take on the challenge of running or walking the beautiful roads and trails in Anchorage, Juneau and Ketchikan, and a fun and amazing race in Skagway. Every event is well marked, safe and by the end of the week you’ll earn a big honkin’ Alaskan Medal!
We’ve wrapped this All-Inclusive running and walking cruise around the authentic sites and activities in Anchorage, and as we float down Alaska’s Inside Passage including:
The All-Inclusive Package Includes:
- 7 Nights Cruise Accommodations
- 5K Kick Off Run/Walk in Anchorage and Welcome Party
- 5K and Half Marathon in Juneau
- 4-Mile Amazing Race in Skagway
- 5K and 10K in Ketchikan and Celebration Party
- Long Sleeve Alaskan Running Cruise Tech Shirt, Hat, Duffle Bag, and Medal
- Private Group Breakfasts and all meals included in your cruise
- Private dining with your hosts John and Jenny and fellow participants
- NEW! Unlimited alcohol and soft drinks
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Celebration Party
- Transportation to all events, permits for park entrance
- One Hour Complimentary WiFi access on board
- A fully escorted cruise
- Port Fees, Taxes and Gratuities
Read all about what it’s like to run this vacation at this blog.
Great Alaskan Running Cruise Itinerary:
- Moosehead 5K in Anchorage and Welcome to Alaska Party.
- Run or Walk a 5K or Half Marathon in the shadows of the Mendenhall Glacier along the pristine trails in Juneau.
- Explore the Gold Rush town of Skagway in our 4-Mile Amazing Race.
- Join in one of our group organized active excursions at the adventurous Icy Straight Point
- Coach Jenny’s Strength & Stretch Workout for Runners and Walkers and John “the Penguin” Bingham’s hilarious talk on running, walking and living a healthy life.
- Finish off your active vacation with a 5K or 10K run/walk through the Tongass National Forest and celebrate our final event with a campfire, local craft beer, and fresh Salmon Bake (Vegan options available too).
Enjoy extensive interaction with Coach Jenny and John at numerous social events, private dining with fellow GARC cruisers and a wonderful sense of camaraderie. In addition to all the wonderful activities aboard the Radiance of the Seas and in port.
It’s a great time for all – we hope to see you there!
Quotes from past cruise guests…
“This was my first cruise and my first marathon. I will count it as a marathon! What a blast. Angelika was great and made sure that we all had first class amenities. What can be said about The Penguin and Coach Jenny? They were awesome. Very approachable and friendly. Hearing their insights to the sport of running is invaluable. The fun that was had cannot be described. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Looking forward to the next adventure!”
“Just a short note to say that you did a great job with the CIMC Cruise. It was very well done. The races were challenging, well marked, most interestingly and well planned. I think we can all say that we saw the best of all the islands first hand. The weather could not have been better–some shade and no rain. I learned a lot from this trip and am glad that I had the opportunity to participate. I hope I get to meet you both again. Until then, thanks for the great run and memories. The best to you both.”
“Loved the way the “competition” was structured – if had been based only on time, it wouldn’t have been nearly as much fun. Keep that!”
“I enjoyed getting to know people, sharing with other runners, seeing new places and enjoying beautiful scenery on great running courses. Great job overall!”
“I really liked the stage-race idea – running a distance in each city, working toward a goal at the end of the week. The idea of pace guessing was fun.”
“I loved meeting and running with people from all over. I’m glad that my husband had fast people to run with while I could hang with people more my speed.”
“I liked being taken to great spots for the runs with such ease. A great job with coordinating with the ships’ agenda and ours.”
“It would be hard to have a better cruise than this one. John and Jenny are wonderful!”
“What a wonderful memory-maker this experience was for us. Thank you all!”
“I liked that runs and activities were structured to include and embrace ALL ability levels.”