The Great Alaskan Running Cruise
The ULTIMATE Running Vacation!
July 31 – August 7, 2015
[VIDEO: Scenes from the Caribbean, Alaskan and Danube River Running Vacations.]
You’ll actively explore “the Last Frontier with your own two feet, and take on the challenge of racing in Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point, and Ketchikan in a unique staged half and full marathon and meet new like-minded active traveling friends.
Every event is well marked, safe and by the end of the week you’ll complete a half or full marathon distance (13.1 or 26.2 miles) and earn a big honkin’ medal!
Laugh and learn with daily training and racing tips from Coach Jenny and John Bingham on strength training, flexibility, form and more. Enjoy extensive interaction with Coach Jenny and John at numerous social events, dining with fellow GARC cruisers and a wonderful sense of camaraderie. In addition to all the wonderful activities aboard the Radiance of the Seas and in port.
Become a fan of The Great Alaskan Running Cruise on Facebook and see participant pictures and comments from past events.
Along the way, John and Jenny will teach you how to become a better runner or walker and keep you entertained throughout the week. It’s a great time for all – we hope to see you there!
[Book by May 1st and save $50 per person!]
- Four unique road and trail races created exclusively for GARC runners and walkers
- Training Clinics and one-on-one time with Coach Jenny Hadfield and John Bingham
- Great Alaskan Running Cruise Duffle Bag, Tech Running Shirt, Hat, and Finisher’s Medal!
- Post race Salmon Bake and Local Beer Tasting in Ketchikan.
- Welcome Reception and Awards Party.
- Accommodations and all meals.
- Transportation to and from all the running events.
- Park entrance fees.
- Secure gear check at all events and post event snacks.
- Private dinners with GARC participants and your hosts John and Jenny.
- Access to the photo library for memories of a lifetime.
- A fully escorted cruise.
- Most Shipboard activities
- And much, much more…
Great Alaskan Running Cruise Itinerary:
- Welcome 5K Run/Walk in Anchorage!
- Trail Half Marathon or 5K in Juneau! (Half Fanatics Welcome)
- 5K Amazing Race in Skagway – explore this charming Alaskan town and find the course!
- 5K or 10K trail run in Ketchikan through the beautiful Tongass National Forest. Celebrate with a soak in the lake, a fresh Salmon Bake and Local Beer Tasting and camp fire to keep your toes warm.
Read all about what it’s like to run this vacation at this blog.
Quotes from past cruise guests…
“This was my first cruise and my first marathon. I will count it as a marathon! What a blast. Angelika was great and made sure that we all had first class amenities. What can be said about The Penguin and Coach Jenny? They were awesome. Very approachable and friendly. Hearing their insights to the sport of running is invaluable. The fun that was had cannot be described. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Looking forward to the next adventure!”
“Just a short note to say that you did a great job with the CIMC Cruise. It was very well done. The races were challenging, well marked, most interestingly and well planned. I think we can all say that we saw the best of all the islands first hand. The weather could not have been better–some shade and no rain. I learned a lot from this trip and am glad that I had the opportunity to participate. I hope I get to meet you both again. Until then, thanks for the great run and memories. The best to you both.”
“Loved the way the “competition” was structured – if had been based only on time, it wouldn’t have been nearly as much fun. Keep that!”
“I enjoyed getting to know people, sharing with other runners, seeing new places and enjoying beautiful scenery on great running courses. Great job overall!”
“I really liked the stage-race idea – running a distance in each city, working toward a goal at the end of the week. The idea of pace guessing was fun.”
“I loved meeting and running with people from all over. I’m glad that my husband had fast people to run with while I could hang with people more my speed.”
“I liked being taken to great spots for the runs with such ease. A great job with coordinating with the ships’ agenda and ours.”
“It would be hard to have a better cruise than this one. John and Jenny are wonderful!”
“What a wonderful memory-maker this experience was for us. Thank you all!”
“I liked that runs and activities were structured to include and embrace ALL ability levels.”
[Book by May 1st and save $50 per person!]